Re: [CQ-Contest] question to CQWW contest log checkers

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "mike l dormann" <w7dra@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] question to CQWW contest log checkers
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:41:20 -0000
Mike let me give you an un-hypothetical, real world, example and why there
might be a small fly in your ointment. Twice in my life, once in CA and once
here in AZ, I entered what I think is about the toughest category. 160 meter
CW contest QRP. (Once in ARRL and once in CQ) I don't think I had 100 Q's
but I was actually TX'ing & RX'ing the entire time. I spent more than 2
hours just for one contact/mult, ZF1A, normally a 'slam-dunk' from here at
100W level. Listening only is not contesting/operating. The guy in your
first scenario made no attempt to transmit contest CQ's, by your own
admission, and therefore was not operating but only listening  and
apparently on only one freq. Had he even made an attempt to send a few CQ's
or tune around then he could be considered contesting but sitting around
waiting for the contest to come to you is not contesting/operating it's just
listening.
73

MAL
N7MAL