[CQ-Contest] Contester Families

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contester Families
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 20:06:31 -0700
Transcending the need for simply getting more young ops involved in
Contesting, I think it's great when husband/wife teams and families are
also active in contesting.  Maybe some more OM's need to get their XYL's
and kids involved!

I was thrilled to see KA6MAL's 3830 CQP post:

=======
My family staged a county expedition to rare San Benito county [SBEN], and
operated from a tent at the Pinnacles National Monument campground.   Op's were
Kamal KA6MAL (the OM), Suzanne KG6CLP (the XYL), and Emeline N6KID (the first
harmonic, age 9, who got her ham ticket last month).   What a treat to have so
many contacts tell us that we had just completed their California sweep!
=======

This is super.  Congrats to Emeline, N6KID, on getting her license!  Could
she possibly be the youngest CQP event operator yet?

A special TNX to your whole family, KA6MAL, for participating in our NCCC
CQP this year.  As the current SBEN Single Op Record Holder (unless another
SO Expedition cleaned my clock this year), I would like to give your family
an UN-Official CQP Award...a one year subscription to NCJ.  Please send me
your preferred mailing address (directly -with No Cc's) and "Merry
Christmas" :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA
NCCC Co-Founding Member & CQP Enthusiast