Re: [CQ-Contest] CT vs. N1MM

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CT vs. N1MM
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:14:13 -0700

> I agree with nearly everything Peter says, but he doesn't mention >one
> thing I have noticed over the years: N1MM is prone to bugs. >Many times I
> have seen a new release cause something to not >work which was working
> right in previous releases.

Hi Bill

But, you don't have to download the new releases when they come out.  You
can just wait till they get the bugs out.  There is usually 2 or 3 releases
a week and you don't have to wait long to find the bug is gone.  The guys
working on the program stay right on top of the bug reports.

When you figure out exactly all the myriad of things that you can do with
N1MM, it's a wonder it works as good as it does.  I've never had a serious
problem yet with it.  Most of the times the problems I've had are cockpit
error here on my end :-)  73
Tom W7WHY