[CQ-Contest] Contesting is dead? Yeah, right.

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting is dead? Yeah, right.
From: "Gerard Lynch" <gerrylynch@freenetname.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:11:29 -0000
Pointless argument on the CQ-Contest reflector, No. 1: we are all geriatrics
and amateur radio in general, and contesting in particlar, is dying.

Pointless argument on the CQ-Contest reflector, No. 2: I've never heard such
QRM for CQ World Wide.  My, some EVIL people were CQing in the CW band on 40
and I've never heard such bad QRM on 20.

Even if we ignore record scores in big contests in recent years isn't there
something inherently contradictory in these comments?

Or are radio amateurs only happy when they have something to complain about?

73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."