Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB in CW band

To: "W4TV Joe Subich" <w4tv@subich.com>,"Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB in CW band
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:30:01 -0000

EXACTLY!

I-35 heading out of Minneapolis towards Duluth and points north is a nice
4-lane highway through farmland, rolling woodlands, scattered lakes, and
the occasional small town with great local restaraunts.  Speed limit is
70MPH.  Carries a lot of mixed traffic mostly at the speed limit (or over)
95% of the time with plenty of room between vehicles, or you can putter
along at 45MPH and enjoy the sights.  Kinda like 40M on a Wednesday AM in
Bullhead City, with plenty of room to have "your own space".

But a few weekends a year it's pure bedlam.  Fishing season opener weekend,
Grandma's Marathon weekend, deer season opener, summer holiday weekends,
"autumn color peak" weekends, and "time to go up north and close the cabin"
weekend.  Then it's kinda like 40M on CQWW PH weekend --- bumper-to-bumper
traffic, no room to have "your own space".  If your driving style can't
deal with that kind of traffic, you might consider US-61 which runs
parallel, a good alternate route but unpopular with the weekend
truck-and-boat-and-camper crowd.

73, de Hans, K0HB