Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers - was: Rick's Cafe...NQ4I's "Play itagain

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers - was: Rick's Cafe...NQ4I's "Play itagain"
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:15:30 -0500
    If CQWW wants to be a true "worldwide " contest then everyone should be
able the work everyone.
  Everyone should get the same number of points per QSO. Let the zones and
country multiplier
   be the determining scoring factor.

    In the USA you are at a big disadvantange compared to the rest of the
world. Non -USA stations
  can  operate on frequencies on SSB and avoid us if they want. If condx go bad
it doesn't hurt your
  score -   you can go into SS mode and just work the local countries around
you. True you are getting
  only 1  point per QSO from EU but you are probably working at least 3
stations per min. Almost as
  good as running  W's. I know many Dxpeditions have a strategy of avoiding the
US at the beginning
  of the contest by operating on frequencies we can't operate (on SSB) and
later switch their focus to
  the USA and have big pileups of stations the work.

  Thank Goodness for CW where some of that disadvantage disappears..

  Jeff KU8E