Re: [CQ-Contest] First CQWW qso - what a joy!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] First CQWW qso - what a joy!
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 08:52:24 -0800
On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Nick, VK1AA, wrote:

> Last Sunday my 9 years old boy passed
> F-class ham exam. Later on that day he made his first 29 QSOs
> participating in cqww contest.
> Short video capturing our excitement was recorded as family memento.
>
> "The Quick Draw Mc Graw Gang"
> YV4A, JS3CTQ, W3LPL, K3LR
> http://clockmaker.com.au/ham/joshcqww06aWM.wmv [3.92MB]
>
> "The Terminator 5"
> Boban, YZ2A
> http://clockmaker.com.au/ham/yz2a2.wmv [5.75MB]

Very cool, Nick (& Josh).  A long download on my 32KB connection, but worth
every second.

There is hope for the future of contesting!!!  Tnx so much for posting.

Seeing Josh put up the antenna was awesome!!!  The two of you should come to
California and activate one of the rare counties in next year's CQP :-)

One suggestion: next time get Josh on-camera at the radio speaking into the
mike so we can see (as well as hear) him in action at the radio.  This would be
great for showing to other young potential contesters.

Congrats again, Josh!!!  Hope to work you in a contest soon, OM.

73...

Rick, K6VVA

c. NCCC - Ya gotta see these videos!