Re: [CQ-Contest] Toughest SS CW sections 2006

To: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Toughest SS CW sections 2006
From: Tom Hammond <n0ss@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:38:18 -0600
Hi Mike:

>Just curious what the toughest section was for you this year.
>
>I was limited in my time but I was surprised that I did not work or hear NNY
>or WTX stations.

I missed AK, MB and YT... never ever HEARD the last tow, but heard
several AK stations but all were S&Ping (so to speak).

I tried laying 'traps' for the AK stations, moving up above their
last QSO freq. and starting to call "CQ" in the hope that they'd
'fall' into my trap. I finally had one KL7 fall into the trap, but
turned out that he was in OR!!!

Though I didn't have any luck trapping a KL7, I did use that ploy to
work several other needed mults during the contest, so I DOES work...
sometimes.

73,

Tom   N0SS /QRP  which didn't help mults calling ME!