Re: [CQ-Contest] VY1JA

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] VY1JA
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 23:08:38 -0500
I am betting VY1JA ran into the Eimac filament pin umsolder.   The 3-500 has
a bad rep for that and the only cure is to install a new socket.

Now to fix the 3-500, look at the filament pins and probably one has most of
the solder gone.  You will need a small torch and silver solder to fix.  Be
sure to use the silver solder that is 2% silver.  I have a 3-500 from a
LK-500 that is currently dark.  I have a brand new socket from Henry Radio
on the web.  Hope J's socket is easier to fix than my LK-500.

73 Dave K4JRB