Re: [CQ-Contest] Blogs, changing exchanges and sponsors

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Blogs, changing exchanges and sponsors
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:51:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>

Wouldn't it be nice if contest operators could use the search function on the
cq-contest web interface?
---------------------------

Hi Tree,
People make all sorts of comments on all sorts of things here.  It is difficult
to know who "has authority" vs. "has an opinion" on any given topic.  This list
may not be the best mechanism for archiving such information.

If sponsors had a blog for each event (or class of events), I'd bet that we
would be smart enough to go there.  We're smart enough to go to a sponsor's
website to get rules -- why not interpretations and decisions, too?  Until that
happens, there will be an underlying feeling of agitation through the unequal
application of rules interpretation.  I can give examples, but I think you
probably get the drift.

Because a common area for such information doesn't exist, we ask the same
questions over-and-over on e-mail lists hoping that we can discern the
difference between the gold-like answers and the iron pyrite.

Of course, I'm just a fan of the Radio Sport offering what I hope is taken as
constructive input (and not criticizm by any means).

Regards,
Ev, W2EV