Re: [CQ-Contest] Low Wires Contest Club (LWCC)

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Low Wires Contest Club (LWCC)
From: "Scott Stembaugh" <radio.n9ljx@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 23:21:58 -0500
Sounds great.  Start out by remionding the others of the club's
existance before every major contest on this reflector.  Start a group
on yahoo with your own email list.  Free web sites abound so claimed
scores could be published along with soapbox notes.

I've only contested a couple of times with anything but low wires and
100 watts.  Being able to see how I do compared to others of the same
ilk would be way cool.

let me know if I can help.

vy 73,
--scott N9LJX

On 11/8/06, PaulKB8N@aol.com <PaulKB8N@aol.com> wrote:
> To All:
>
> I appreciate any feedback or suggestions on how , or even if, I should  get
> this club going.
>
> The purpose for starting this club is to encourage participation  in contests
> and competition among contesters with either budget constraints  or covenants
> (or even a very fussy XYL) that only allow them to have single  element wire
> antennas (definition expanded below).  The proposed club  would enter teams
> (probably with no realistic hope of winning) mostly for the  camaraderie, fun
> and personal improvement.
>
> I would define a low wire antenna as a single element antenna, with a  height
> of no more than 50' and a length no longer than a half wave at the lowest
> band operated (about 250' for 160M).  The wire can be an L, a dipole, a
> vertical (aluminum okay), a vertical or horizontal loop, an inverted  V,
> Windom or
> any other antenna that meets the single-element and height and  length
> limitations  Multiple antennas are ok, no limit per se on the area  the
> antennas must
> occupy.  Antennas can be used on as many bands as  desired.
>
> In that the antennas are pretty basic and low, power categories would
> probably be low power and QRP, either SO1R or SO2R.  At the end of the
> contest,
> members would submit claimed scores which would be compiled in club  email.
> Members would be encouraged to share information on their antennas,  and any
> other
> operating challenges (stealth appearance, RFI, etc).   Official final scores
> would be those published by the contest sponsor.
>
> I would hope to find folks around the country that operate under these
> restrictions, and put together national or regional teams if participation
> allows.
>  I think this might be a good way to recognize a lot of folks that  otherwise
> might not receive a lot of attention, and also promote basic contest
> operation and participation.  We might be able to sponsor a mailing list  with
> archives, or even a website.
>
> I appreciate any thoughts and suggestions you might have regarding this
> endeavor.
>
> Paul, K5AF

------
N9LJX