Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:18:44 -0600
My friend Ken, WM5R, asks:

> So, why would you think that it is acceptable for other people, not even
> at your station, to go out and find your contacts for you?  How is that
> even remotely in the spirit of the competition?

It's easy to blow this idea out of proportion.

Frankly, I don't really care which way the wind happens to be blowing, I
think it's a great moment when a close friend you've cultivated over years
and years of shoulder-to-shoulder competition slides down onto your
frequency in a CD Party on Sunday afternoon to pass along "VE8 up 7."

I would not trade those moments for the world.

Somehow equating this to stating "please post VE8s" on the internet during a
radio contest makes me feel like I've been violated.

73 - Mark, N5OT