Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!

To: CQ-Contest eMail Remailer <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] SS Packet DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!!!
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 04:23:15 -0800 (PST)
> Wow.  So if I'm working phone and I say (over the air)
> to no one in particular "if you work someone from NNY,
> send 'em on over here" that puts me in the multi category?
> If that's true (1) I am guilty of doing this in the past
> and (2) so are hundreds of others similarly guilty.

The rules say...

2.1.Single Operator: One person performs all transmitting, receiving, and
logging functions as well as equipment and antenna adjustments.

2.1.1.Use of spotting assistance or nets (operating arrangements involving
other individuals, DX-alerting nets, packet, Internet, etc) is not permitted.

The practice noted above seems to fit the prohibition of using "operating
arrangements involving other individuals" specifically because it requires more
than "one person" to "perform...receiving...functions."

Food for thought from one of the most unofficial voices on the list. :)

Ev, W2EV

PS: now...if someone could officially define the term "spotting" in the first
place.... <grin>