[CQ-Contest] Icom 756PRO III just died

To: <ntcc@yahoogroups.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Icom 756PRO III just died
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:49:32 -0000
Now that I've finally got the long wires on 160/80 up and working,
and the BigIr playing well on 40 (even back to the states at 3pm EST),
all of a sudden, my  Icom 756 PRO III died; it was in receive mode
as I was tuning across the band.

Screen went blank, and there is a relay clattering at 5-6 times per second,
the light behind the meter is flickering at the same rate, the POWER switch
has no effect.

Twice earlier this evening, it rebooted itself while sitting there, so
I guess that was a warning?

Anyone got any idea of what I can do to get it back on the air?

73

Barry, EI/W5GN