[CQ-Contest] Amplified headfones

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Amplified headfones
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:45:02 -0800
Hi All

With my hearing slowly getting worse every year, I noticed this year I had a
hard time in the SS.  I am now wearing hearing aids and it is hard to get
them adjusted right without squealing or not being loud enough.  Without
them I have to turn the volume almost all the way up on the receiver to
hear, and that distorts the signals.

Does anyone use amplified headphones? I wouldn't be interested in some whiz
bang type I'd have to pay 4 or 5 hundred dollars for.  I would need some
kind I could modify to use the Heil boom mike with.  It would be nice not
having to mess with the hearing aids when contesting.  73 and TIA
Tom W7WHY