Re: [CQ-Contest] [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 bracketed at 15'

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 bracketed at 15'
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:01:18 -0000
It looks like Gorham, ME is in the 80+ wind zone.
At 80 mph, no ice, the Rohn catalog says 11.3 sq ft max of
antenna centered at 10' above the top bracket. If you go 20'
above the bracket, the allowable windload is about 5 sq ft,
but that configuration will not survive 90 mph.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ