Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or Multiop

To: "'Ward Silver'" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted or Multiop
From: "K5ZM" <k5zm@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:44:03 -0800

www.k5zm.com

Now wait just a damn minute here :)

If I understand Ward correctly...

Tim enters this hypothetical contest as Single Op Assisted; only to be
bumped into the M/x category just because his buddy pipes up with a little
something extra  beyond the exchange...however well-meaning he may have been
(or however unrequited said "advice" may have been from Tim's POV.)

C'mon!!!

If I may take this uber-reactionism a step further....

It's the 9th hour of NAQP and W7ABCD -who has opted to go Single Op- is on
40m bangin' out the Qs when K7ABCD calls in, works him and says "Hey, 80m is
hot! Can we try it on 3863?" W7ABCD does need that mult on 80, so he takes
the bait, they make the Q, and now W7ABCD has just become a multiop.

Please tell me I'm reading too much into this.

If this kind of stuff keeps up, we'll not want to (or even be allowed to)
fire up our rigs anytime before 23:59:59 for fear of what we might
overhear!!

Oiy.

73,

Ian, K5ZM