Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rules

To: CQ-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rules
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 23:02:43 -0800
 > Not sure why there are so many posts about "assisted."  It is in
 > the rules.

It is because many of the rules are poorly written, lack clarity, and need
an overhaul.  I fault various Contest Sponsors for their lack of Leadership
that this whole issue continues and continues and continues....

 > Good advice (always, in all things): Read ALL the rules.

IMHO, most Contesters are pretty friggin' intelligent, sharp people.  I
believe the more intelligent a person is, the more "options" or
"possibilities" present themselves from poorly written, incomplete "rules"
with gaping loopholes in them.  Especially, if the rules have not been
THOROUGHLY updated to address the RF-Packet vs. Telnet/Packet
differentials, etc.

Contest sponsors with Rules that generate so many questions need to get off
the friggin' fence and DEMONSTRATE SOME LEADERSHIP so that this confusion
crap subsides.

*** End Of Soapbox ***

73...

Rick, K6VVA