[CQ-Contest] CQWW at K3LR with WinTest Logging Software

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW at K3LR with WinTest Logging Software
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:51:32 -0600
Many guys have emailed me concerning what the experience at K3LR was like during
both CQWW weekends with the WinTest Windows logging software. I am happy to
report that the operation was flawless.

Using dedicated computers and careful set up by computer expert Dave, W9ZRX, the
WinTest platform performed perfectly at K3LR for both Phone and CW operations
where more than 7000 QSOs were logged each weekend with 11 operators for each
operation.

I observed the WinTest software after WRTC in Brazil this summer with F6BEE and
N2NT. Dave, W9ZRX (an awesome engineer) built 12 custom low RFI noise computers
for K3LR and installed the WinTest software. The French team (Olivier, F5MZN and
Larry, F6FVY) that writes WinTest was very responsive to every question. They
have made SIGNIFICANT improvements along the way.

The K3LR team had been running CT DOS from the beginning. In fact I was one of
the very first guys to win a single op all band DX contest using CT other than
K1EA (the father of high performance computer contest logging) himself back in
1987/88.

The commands of WinTest are almost exactly the same as CT. There are several
enhancements that make the WinTest package very easy to adapt to.

This year, achieving 1st place CQWW Phone high claimed USA Multi Multi and 2nd
place CQWW CW high claimed USA Multi Multi scores for K3LR is not easy. WinTest
was a tremendous help in our super team outcome!

It is very stable and performs extremely well in every aspect with 11 computers
running full out in a multi multi environment here at K3LR.

I am impressed. The rest of the team was impressed

For more information:
http://www.win-test.com

Very 73!
Tim K3LR

PS >> Look for my sale listing of 14 DOS computers on QTH.com!

http://www.k3lr.com