[CQ-Contest] Declining assistance gracefully [was: OMG...anotherpost...]

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Declining assistance gracefully [was: OMG...anotherpost...]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:38:45 -0800 (PST)
From: "kr2q@optonline.net"
FINALLY.....
As I hope is becoming obvious, the REAL SOLUTION is to never offer "over the
air" assistance because you are putting the "other guy" in ethical
trouble....geniune dilemma:  ignore it and possibly lose the mult (bad) or USE
it and have to CHANGE CATEGORIES to assisted/unlimited

We pride ourselves on being a largely self-policing hobby.  Let's not be afraid
to bring that same attitude to the sport of radio as well...

Consider this response...

"I am entering in the unassisted category. Acting on that information is not
allowed,  73 and CQ Contest..."

It wouldn't take long before all of the "good Samaritans" get the message.

Regards,
Ev, W2EV