Re: [CQ-Contest] The Humor of it all....

To: "Mark Beckwith" <mark@nevus.org>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Humor of it all....
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:57:37 -0000

> Hans asked:
>
> > What in the name of Nose is this sudden emphasis on
> > "top ten" vs. "not doing their best"?
>
>  Hans, since you've commented on this TWICE, I'll bite.
>  First of all, it's not sudden.  Many of the very best contesters
> have been taking the top-ten seriously since before my time,
> which would put it back squarely in the 60s.  I would not
> call that sudden......

I brought it up twice, Mark, because you missed my point TWICE.

Now I'm bringing up again, because you missed my point AGAIN.

I know the top ten listings have been around since "squarely in the 60s"
--- I was there.  What hasn't been around since the 60's is this new notion
that those who don't appear in the top ten are perhaps "not doing their
best".  That patronizing attitude has no business in amateur radiosport ---
none.  Period.

But all of that aside, now I need to congratulate you on taking this
misbegotten thread into a new low of insinuation.

> If they cheat because they're trying hard to get WAZ in a weekend
> or something, I am going to be bent if they beat me while cheating.

Now, rather than "not doing their best", we've moved to "If they cheat
because they're trying hard to get......"

The ladder isn't going to reach......  you'll need a parachute.

73, de Hans, K0HB