Re: [CQ-Contest] An attempt at a foundational understanding[was:Icansee

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An attempt at a foundational understanding[was:Icansee the difference...]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 03:25:47 -0800 (PST)
----- Original Message ----

From: Robert Naumann <w5ov@w5ov.com>
While what Tom said is true, your interpretation of it seems to be that
submitting a log is risky due to the slippery slope of adjudication
variance.

Since different people see things different ways, as Tom said, you may see one
person's interpretation of the rules impact the adjudication of contests during
that person's tenure.

However, thinking that this will result in adjudication that is a moving target
is purely conjecture.
---------------------------

Hi Bob,
Since this is a discussion board, I'd think that just about everything posted
here is conjecture. :)

Tom's statement was simply, "Contest managers (and their opinions) come and go.
   Contest log checking changes from year to year. The best advice is to follow
the rules as closely as you can interpret them."

There are certinaly "slippery slope" components here.  On the other hand, the
ARRL's rules adjudication meets the resources, needs and goals of their events,
so I am certainly no one to impugn them.

I had fun in the 10 meter contest and am looking forward to the January VHF
SS...having gotten some uWave aluminum up that has been down for a while.

Ev, W2EV