Re: [CQ-Contest] a rose by any other name......renaming SOA?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] a rose by any other name......renaming SOA?
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:26:20 -0000
> Okay, I'm telling you now...this posting is OUT OF CHARACTER for me.
> Here is a JUST FOR FUN posting (well, mostly "just for fun").
>

> Single-Op, Assisted
But we don't knew by who or how much???  We must be more specific!

> Single-Op, Unlimited
But you are limited to a single op??  sounds like an oxymoron to me... or is
that what the operator is?

> Single-Op, Enhanced?
Does this only apply to 'natural male enhancement'??? what about female
ops???

> Single-Op, Connected?
Well connected??

> Not-Single-Op?
Now we are getting somewhere, its easy to not prove a negative.  Or is that,
its hard to prove a double negative?  Oh to heck with it, this is just too
negative.

> Über-Single-Op?
This is better, but you will have to get all the software authors to do
umlauts and add that to the acceptable character set for Cabrillo first.

> Symbiotic-Op?
Parasitic-op??

> Colony-Op?
I have heard Nudist colony ops.

> Cluster-Op?
Cluster what???

> Network-Op?
I networked with people to find a new job, does that count?

> Resourced-Op?
Outsourced op?

> Shared-data-Op?
Private data?  Public data?  Shared memory?

> Live-stream-Op?
I know a web site with lots of live streaming ops, but they want too much
per minute to chat with them.

> Single-Op Distracted (this one was coined by K3WW, in case any of you were
> not sure).
This has been around too long, but may be the best term over all.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net