Re: [CQ-Contest] band plan and DX window and ...oh just forgetaboutit

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] band plan and DX window and ...oh just forgetaboutit
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 08:05:30 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 14:59:41 -0500, Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
 wrote:

>No argument from me, but moving QRP lower or higher didn't make much
>sense, either. You move them lower to get away from the digital guys,
>they they run into the QRQ. Higher and they end up fighting with all
>the SSB QRM from Region 1 and 3.

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Does anyone with a long memory recall whether it was QRP or RTTY DX
which first staked out 7040 as a calling frequency? I would think
whichever was second should move, but only a couple of kHz. If RTTY
(my favorite mode) went to 7042 that would be ok by me. As it is now I
am very reluctant to use 7040 for RTTY, even during contests.

Incidentally, several months ago I used the word "fiasco" referring to
the 7040 situation and got an email from K1ZZ, the CEO of the ARRL,
asking me what I meant by "fiasco". I explained it to him, thinking
something might now be done, but I never heard back.

73, Bill W6WRT