Re: [CQ-Contest] Log-checking and RST [was: cut numbers]

To: "David Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log-checking and RST [was: cut numbers]
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 18:17:13 -0000
From: "David Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Cc: <cq-contest@contesting.com>

> I find it very amusing that people make statements about how logs are (or
> are not) checked without any information to support their assertions.  I
> am part of the logchecking team for the ARRL 10M contest and know for a
> fact that in regards to that contest (and the ARRL 160 as well) that he
> is wrong.

Please consider this post to be an effort to contact
the logchecking teams to get a definitive answer on
the subject of busted RSTs.

You claim that QSOs in ARRL 10M and ARRL 160M are
busted if the exchanged and logged RSTs do not match.

1. Can you give statistics or examples, for both
   contests, where points were deducted solely
   because of a mismatch between exchanged and
   logged RSTs?

2. Is there a corresponding UBN or error report for
   each entrant reflecting RST errors only?

3. What is the position with other HF contests
   organised by ARRL which require an exchange of
   reports - such as ARRL DX and IARU HF?

Where necessary, please forward these questions to
the appropriate logchecking teams.

73,
Paul EI5DI