Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving Concentration

To: "'CQ-Contest Post'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving Concentration
From: "Jukka Klemola" <jukka.klemola@elisanet.fi>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 11:15:31 +0200
>Some ideas from my experience:
>    -  I do like to watch how my effort is doing compared to either
>a previous effort or a newly created goal. It is important that the
>comparison be something that can be in reach, and not too low. If
>you are way off - high or low - then it will no longer be helpful.
>Jim K1IR

I have experienced going well over the set targets twice.
I did so the level I had reached in the excellent band conditions,
I added as target the relative improvement need to my then-score.

That kept me motivated & sparked through the amazement of the
Success Contests ..

There have been two such weekends in my 24 years of contesting.
My usual success is below my set target levels.
Same technique applies for the poor condx contests.
Then hourly recalculating does not hurt the score.

73,
Jukka OH6Li