Re: [CQ-Contest] Times to check the bands

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Times to check the bands
From: "Harry Brown" <harryhbrown@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:49:47 -0500
On the east coast, a  lot of VHF/Microwave stations use a "Contest Clock"
that is widely distributed and has been in use for 30+ years for the major
VHF/UHF contests.

The "clock" is  a circular diagram showing time in GMT along the outer edge
for the whole duration of the contest. It shows 3 blocks of time to look for
activity on the UHF thru the microwave bands. The blocks are at Saturday
evening, Sunday morning and Sunday evenings are 1 hour in duration. It
works for us.

73, Harry, W3IIT