[CQ-Contest] Band police

To: "Steve and Judy" <hodgson@cytanet.com.cy>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Band police
From: "Dallas and Lucy" <ludal@dmv.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:57:27 -0500
ZC4LI wrote:
>>> The police as he said were out in force and were using RTTY
>>> to send a load of gibberish between 7030 and 7035, presumably
>>> to deter contesters.

This process certainly seems counter productive to me.  There is a fine line
between consideration and tolerance.  I have always found 40 meter RTTY a
challenge, as is 40m SSB.  Champions adjust (as my good friend N6ZO always
tells me).

The same issue arises when near the FCC assigned SSTV portion of 20M (tic).
DX police are also quite a nuisance.  They made it extremely difficult to
copy XT2C last night on 80, where he was quite loud.  An occasional "up" or
"Wrong VFO" (on phone) is not too bad if timed properly, but on CW, this
advice would be best placed slightly off the DX stations frequency.
Intentional jammers are actually encouraged by such responses rather than
deterred.  I think many of the newer DXers out there just haven't figured
this out yet.

73 and HNY
Dallas W3PP