Re: [CQ-Contest] Filter???????

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Filter???????
From: k3bu@optonline.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:47:52 +0000 (GMT)
Higher frequencies, high tones propagate more in line and attenuate faster.
Low frequencies, bass, tend go "flow" around the corners and attenuate slower.
Looks like your situation is creating filtering effect, attenuating higher
pitched tones (noise) from the lower pitched tone of CW. The lower pitch, the
better separation.

Some of the old design headphones managed to create mechanical resonance at
particular frequency, cavity like effect and accentuate the particular pitch.
To some extent this effect can be created by forming little "parabola" with
your palm and positioning it to focus the sound on your ear and you can
"amplify" sound or particular range of frequencies. Try that on the front of
your speaker and you can also create some filtering and discrimination against
the surrounding sounds.

73  Yuri, K3BU