Re: [CQ-Contest] Shack Ergonomics

To: "Richard Zalewski" <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>,"Cq-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Shack Ergonomics
From: "Steve Murphy" <murphys@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:06:44 -0800
GE Dick,

Lowering the monitors is the right move; you'll wonder how you ever got by
with them elevated!

One thing that I find helps is having a good quality, adjustable chair. I
also like a small foot rest, one that I can easily move around with my feet.
Those things give me the option of being comfortable in several slightly
different positions, rather than being "locked and upright" for the whole
test.

Other things that help me are good lighting, and keeping the desk clear of
anything that doesn't need to be there.  These aren't necessarily ergonomic
issues, but help with my ability to stay alert longer.

73,
Steve N8NM