Re: [CQ-Contest] Inconsiderate CW Operators....

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Inconsiderate CW Operators....
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:37:04 -0500
 What ???????   I must of been operating a different contest.  During the
primetime operating hours there wasn't a clear spot anywhere below 1870 Khz.  I
even heard guys like VY2ZM running EU up above 1870 so they would have a clear
spot to listen for the little guns. Many JA's were listening split above 1900
because of the BY radar problem they have in Asia.

 If I am not mistaken the bandplan is in place so SSB operators don't QRM the
DX window. CW is the mode of choice for most 160 diehard DXers.  These
"bandplans" are suggestions not rules and during a contest weekend tend to be
thrown out the window...

73, Jeff  KU8E