[CQ-Contest] cw sprint vs wpx rtty on 40m

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] cw sprint vs wpx rtty on 40m
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:35:58 -0000
Last night's practice cw sprint was murder on 40 meters.

The wpx rtty guys were transmitting right down to 7025 and
the cw sprinters seemed reluctant to go below 7025.

I suggest that the cw sprinters utilize the extra band
tonight. Last year I worked 119 stations in the cw sprint,
and only three of those qso's were with U.S. General or
Advanced class stations.

I'm not saying that you should avoid the General band
altogether, but, if it's anything like last night, there
will be a strong incentive to go below 7025, and I think it
is a good idea. It might even be necessary to use the Extra
Class bands on 20 and 80.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.