Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Contest and CW Sprint

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Contest and CW Sprint
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 11 Feb 2007 15:17:29 -0600
On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 08:14, Ted Bryant wrote:
> There was virtually no rtty activity above 7060 during the sprint. This
> spectrum was practically
> unused. (still true on Sunday am)  Is there some reason the rtty was shifted
> to the lower part of
> the band?  Seems there was needless conflict with the sprint (and other cw).

That's the phone band in Europe..

I did hear RTTY down to 7025, but even with the Sprint going there was
clear space at the bottom of 40 - I never heard any Sprint activity
below 7005.

The Aves Island station on 7015 did seem a bit confused<grin>.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66