Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet debate

To: w9wi@w9wi.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet debate
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:59:30 EDT

If you haven't noticed the bitching about SO2R operation, just wait until
SO2L (Locations) hits the fan.

For contests to succeed, the average to reasonably good guy has to think he
is at least in the game. Those are the people who fill up our  logs.

Since the typical ham is not going to install a remote receiving location  in
addition to his station at home, he's not going to believe (correctly) that
he is in the game against those who do.

I suppose that if one could easily send down the return link not  received
audio, but just a replicated RF spectrum from the remote site, equally
available to all, you might have something.  But then why put RF into the  air
at all,
instead of just into the RF server?

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 3/16/2007 9:22:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,