[RTTY] My apologies ???

Subject: [RTTY] My apologies ???
From: "Rick Mintz" <Rmintz@Rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:08:30 -0400
While operating BARTG RTTY on 40 meters a station came on freq, telling me that
my signal was wide, covering most of the band. (around 1325z-1340z, March 18)

I went to a wide filter and found a CW station doing just that... very, very
wide.

Having VERY limited CW skills I found the station to be K8JQ, but I definitely
can be a bit off on the callsign. The signal would alternate from perfect to
very raspy over the course of a few minutes. I subsequently had a couple of ops
listen to my signal with wide filters and all reports were positive.

My apologies to K8JQ if I got the call wrong. But if there is an equipment
problem, it is better to know about it.

Rick W2RTY