[CQ-Contest] Need Refresher on 40M CQ WPX Split Operation

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Need Refresher on 40M CQ WPX Split Operation
From: John Bayne <jjbayne@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:52:43 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Hi everyone.  I'm brand new to the list.  I am considering working my first WPX
this weekend, and I plan on making a 40-meter only effort.

It's been a long time since I worked split on that band, and I can't remember
where to listen, where to talk (when working split), and when it may be proper
to run stations on my frequency and the split frequency using a "dual watch"
feature.  If someone could give me a primer on 40-meter WPX it would be greatly
appreciated!

Not that it probably matters, but I will be using a ProIII.

Also, is there a web page that lists the amateur frequency allocations for DX
stations?

Thanks.

John, N4EEB
Ormond Beach, Florida