Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operations in Contest - A brand new servicefor c

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operations in Contest - A brand new servicefor contesters
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 01:21:47 -0700
Some Eastern Eu software writer friends and I have been following this
thread with great interest.  After some preliminary false starts we now
have some Beta software ready for distribution which will enable anyone
to beat a remote op station.

We offer three levels of service:  In each case you will have to tell us
the call sign of the remote op station.

1)  (the cheapest)

We hack their internet connection and disrupt things just enough to
lower their score by the percent you want.  The greater percent the
higher the cost.

2)  (This'll cost you)

We hack their connection and transfer control of the station to you.
You operate it using your call and our remote control software on your
computer.

3)  (This is for the really confused folks who seem to need to watch
football games during a contest.  It will be very expensive)

We hack their connection and change their message buttons to transmit
your call instead of theirs.  Any monitoring system they have will be
spoofed to make it seem to them that their call is being sent.  We
monitor the proceedings and send you the Cabrillo file at the end.  We
also monitor the net for their Cabrillo submission.  Each time they try
to send it we delete it and send a message appearing to be from the
contest log robot saying something like, "Remote operation in this
contest is not permitted."

You get the chance to brag on 3830 that you watched 3 games plus 4 DVD's
of previous games, drank 2 cases of beer, and still got a spot in the
top ten box.  Priceless!

Obviously, for items 2 and 3, the better the remote station the more
expensive our service will be.

We expect to be fully operational in time for the Poisson d'Avril.

Don't delay to sign up.  The best stations are snapped up very quickly.

Here's to the advancement of technology (and the making of a few bucks)

73,     Jim Smith       VE7FO