Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote - my 2 centavos worth

To: "'Gerry Hull'" <gerry@w1ve.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote - my 2 centavos worth
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:21:06 -0400
No ... remote sites in "RF quiet" locations with room for large
antenna systems, particularly when located in "favored" locations
outside the section/state/country of the operator are a significant
advantage compared to the 'normal' operator who must put up with
limitations of an apartment, HOA antenna restrictions, noise, etc.

The current technology imposes a bit of a handicap on remote
operation due to latency issues but that penalty will continue
to narrow quickly.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV