Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote - my 2 centavos worth

To: "'Gerry Hull'" <gerry@w1ve.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote - my 2 centavos worth
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 10:52:13 -0000

Not necessarily. Remotely operated stations could be in their own category ,
as are mult-op stations with no stiputulation as to power output or
assistance useage, but they could also be multipliers unto themselves,
thereby generating a new point source.

In contesting, rules could be devised that would state that any station
under the control of an operator who is not physically located within the
boundaries of the multiplier area of the transmitter's 500m radius location
(ie. grid, county, section, state, etc) for the purposes of the contest
would be classified as Remote Control and append /RC to the call, so as not
to claim a particular location. The logging software would read the /RC and
trigger a new mult.

For DXCC, remote stations could be treated the same as /AM or /MM stations
and, in essence, be locationless. You could operate a remote station and
work DXCC but not be worked as a DXCC entity.

I'm just firing out ideas here. If I'm going to be force-fed progress, I'd
like to have a say in how it tastes.

73 -- Paul VO1HE