Re: [CQ-Contest] W3NQN Bandpass Filters (Was: Re:419bandpassfilters..

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W3NQN Bandpass Filters (Was: Re:419bandpassfilters..
From: "Marijan Miletic', S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 18:47:03 +0200
W0UN: The Dunestar filters are NOT  7-pole but rather  3-pole designs.

John, thanks for pointing my error!  I am surprised with Dunestar modesty as
they can claim 4 poles thanks to series resonances of losely taped inductor and
capacitor combination.  Applying the same rule to W3NQN, much better 8 poles
might be considered at the cost of two additional serial inductors.  I preffer
to transfer RF energy at high voltage with a single capacitor.

Jukka, 10 m ICE BPF has only 16 db attenuation on 15 m.  Even worse is only 11
dB attenuation of 15 m ICE BPF of 10 m signals.  Your antennas are obviously
spaced enough.

Another numerical mistake I made in my last post was on DL2NBU RX filters
operating at 50/9 = 5,5 Ohms.

It was nice weekend with 9A hamfest and my tech presentation.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU