[CQ-Contest] PJ2T ARRL DX Photos Posted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] PJ2T ARRL DX Photos Posted
From: Geoff Howard <ghoward@kent.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:23:56 -0400
Contesters,

If you're interested, photos and other stuff (breakdown sheets,
claimed scores) are posted at the URLs below. Click on the "Photos"
link to bring up the album, then on a thumbnail to get a large image
and a caption at the bottom. From there, clicking anywhere in the
image will bring up the next one.

Based on claimed scores it looks like we were lucky enough to win
both modes in Multi/2, making nine wins in a row from PJ2T. In seven
of those nine instances, we made more Qs from this shack than from
any other shack in the world, regardless of category of entry.

It's a lot of work to keep all this hardware working in the severe
tropical seaside environment, but that's balanced out by the great
fun of making 19,136 QSOs both modes in 2007 and renewing all our
good friendships both in the shack in Curacao and on the air.

All this is to the immense credit of John Thompson, W1BIH (PJ9JT),
who had the foresight and courage to establish this station in an era
when buying overseas real estate was considered insane by most Americans.

That's why we selected P John 2 Thompson as our callsign, which has
become the most-logged callsign in ham radio over recent years.
Thanks for the QSOs and come on down and operate with us some day.
It's a lot warmer in Curacao in February than in W1.   :)

http://asgard.kent.edu/ccc/arrl.cw.2007.htm

http://asgard.kent.edu/arrl.ssb.2007.htm

      73,

              - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX

P.S. In contrast, WPX SSB was a disaster for us -- conditions were
horrid. Our worst in seven years. We enjoyed the beach and the sun,
but the propagation was beyond belief... in a bad way.