Re: [CQ-Contest] TO3T = Martinique

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TO3T = Martinique
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 01:26:05 +0000
At 09:41 AM 5/28/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>TO3T was not listed in the contest country files under Martinique, FM.
>
>Were any other calls a problem during CQ WPX?
>
>I'll try to fix the country files later this week after the moving
>truck delivers the computer to the new QTH in CO.

For those who don't want to wait, I got TO3T to count as FM by doing the
following:
1. Make a backup copy of BOTH your original log file and your existing
wl_cty.dat file.
2. Open wl_cty.dat and find the listing for Martinique; you'll notice it
already has a number of TO callsigns. Add TO3T (or the other one, TO3C, was
it??) to the end of the listing after the last comma, with NO spaces before
or after.
3. Save and close wl_cty.dat.
4. Open your log in N1MMLogger. Now import the modified wl_cty.dat file by
clicking on Tools, then choose "Import country list from downloaded file",
then choose wl_cty.dat; this will be the file to which you just added TO3T.
When import is completed, you'll be told so in text in the bottom border of
the Entry window.
5. Finally, rescore your log by clicking on Tools, then "Rescore Current
Contest".

To confirm, simply type TO3T in the entry window and see your earlier QSO
shown in the yellow pane of the Log window (CNTRL-L); notice that the
Multiplier column now shows "Yes" and the points value, if you're in North
America, changed to 4 instead of the previous 6 (if you're in any but NA,
your points changed to 6). If you look at your Score Summary window, your
multipliers should have increased by one and if you're in North America,
your points decreased by two since Martinique is only a 4-pointer.

As Pete and Dave have pointed out, you don't have to do this correction
before submitting your log since the contest log checkers will do it for
you. But it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to believe that I've got a
"good" log saved on my own machine against which to compare future
logs..... and in any case, AD1C will issue a corrected wl_cty.dat file
sometime next week.

I added 5P1AA to the OZ list but it still exhibits in the Log window as
"Prefix 5H1" ;o|

Steve, K0XP