[CQ-Contest] Great Media Coverage of Two Contesters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Great Media Coverage of Two Contesters
From: "Warren C. Stankiewicz" <nf1j@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:40:49 -0700
Providing yet another chapter in the "things about Contesting we'd like to see
more of in QST, but don't"...

There are two great pieces in recent news about well-known contesters I'd like
to alert folks to.

One is about Joe Rudi, NK7U, in Sports Illustrated. You can see it at

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/06/25/watn.rudi/

as well as at your local news stand.

Icom also has a great multmedia segment which features, among other things, a
visit to K3LR. Check it out at:

http://icomamerica.com/amateur/video/Icom_Radio_News_V5.asp

While these pieces may highlight what we all consider to be "big gun stations",
it's undoubtedly easier for these forms of media to cover stories such as these
which are more readable to a general audience. Still, they are both excellent
examples of not only great coverage of contesting, but also of those sorts of
things we ought to see more of, but do not. Where did all the imagination go?

With malice towards none,

73,

Warren, NF1J/6