Re: [CQ-Contest] Seeking mono-band Telrex info

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Seeking mono-band Telrex info
From: "Paul Cassel" <paul@ve3sy.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 21:17:47 -0400
Have a look at the schematic of the driven element and the balun.

http://www.ve3sy.com/images/telrex-balun.gif

Is this not a 4 or even 6 to one balun??   I recall using the same 1/2 wave
balun on each end of 2 meter feedlines back in early 60 to go from 300 ohm
twin lead down to 50 ohms antennas.  Sort of the reverse here.

Thoughts?

Paul VE3SY