Re: [CQ-Contest] 80 mtr antenna

To: Glenn VA3DX <va3dx@sympatico.ca>, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 80 mtr antenna
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 17:24:20 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Glenn,

What you're describing is a Self Contained Vertical
(SCV) antenna.  It uses the basic delta loop
configuration but is fed part way up the side of one
of the legs.  They're (mostly) vertically polarized
and produce the same low angle radiation as a vertical
and they don't require radials (hence the name).

L.B. Cebik, W4RNL has published a series of articles
on the design and feeding of SCVs and it's available
on his website at:

http://www.cebik.com/scv/scv0.html

73,

Ken Alexander