Re: [CQ-Contest] Bermuda DX Contest?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Bermuda DX Contest?
From: "ku8e" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:32:57 -0400
This thread sure brings back some nice memories

I attended the awards dinner for the Bermuda Contest back in 1984. I was there
with N8ET to operate the CQWW DX SSB contest at VP9AD.

I remember N3RD,W2VJN,W3MA and N3RS being there as well. Stuart, G4CNY (who is
now SK) was the UK winner and stayed around to operate the contest with us. I
can't recall who the other winners were.
The dinner was very nice and I recall the winners also got a week in a very
nice resort. I still have some old pictures somewhere of that trip...

VP9AD, who was the big contest station in VP9 , retired long ago. The contest
was fun with the US able to work G , DL and VP9's. If you had a big station you
could run up a pretty big score.

Jeff  KU8E