[CQ-Contest] USB to multiple serial port adapter?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <w2up@verizon.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] USB to multiple serial port adapter?
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:59:44 -0500
Barry,

You didn't mention what laptop you have. You may want to consider a "docking
station" if that is an option. I put my Dell Latitude C640 into ham service
over a year ago. I got an expansion/dock (actually 2 of them) off eBay. The
dock provided two benefits. I could pull the laptop out of the shack at any
time without hassling with cables or power adapters, and the expansion
chassis/doc provided 3 PCI slots where I can add cards.

It has been a great setup because I can take my laptop to club meetings and
have everything with me.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN