[CQ-Contest] 40M allocation in Spain

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 40M allocation in Spain
From: "D LINDSAY ESVLC EXP LINER MGR" <DLindsay.vlc@mscspain.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:57:31 +0200
Dear All

Although most of Europe is now enjoying a new wider 40m band, here in
Spain we are still restricted to 7.1, and in spite of agreement by our
telecoms people to allow operation up to 7.2, until this is passed
through Parliament, we may not use the band above 7.1 MHz.

It seems that a lot of you out there think that all Europe is now
enjoying the expanded allocation on 40. Not so! Feedback after IARU from
the AM4HQ op EA4KD was that very few stateside stations were listening
down below 7.1 and that way missed at least one HQ mult. If you are
planning on operating in the IOTA contest this weekend, remember that a
trip down to the bottom of 40m may yield you a mult or two.

73 de Duncan EA5ON