Re: [CQ-Contest] Final NS Ladder #18

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Final NS Ladder #18
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:01:22 +0000
At 12:17 PM 7/23/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>Based upon the comments of others in several 3830 posts and personal
discussions with some fellow NS'ers, I don't understand why the following
is such a difficult concept (which if practiced, could bring more NS
Contesting Joy to all):
>With the multitude of stations we now have participating in the NS, try
turning your VFO dials from x.040 down to x.035Khz and up to x.045Khz and
all Khz in-between for a change in this Final NS Ladder #18.  Please help
eliminate a lot of unnecessary mutli-station dead zero-beat pileup QRM near
x.040 that unnecessarily wastes time.

>In other words:
>
>S-P--R---E----A-----D ... O-----U-------T
>
>S-P--R---E----A-----D ... O-----U-------T
>
>S-P--R---E----A-----D ... O-----U-------T

One other comment:

If you wind up missing a Q after calling someone, and you QSY to CQ for
yourself, PLEASE QSY ENOUGH as to not be only a few hundred HURTZ from the
QSO that you just missed!!  ;o/  ;o/  ;o/  I had two guys do this to me
last week when I wound up responding to someone else: they shifted what, to
them, may have been "far enough" in that they no longer heard ME: but they
wound up being within both MY passband, and at least once in the passband
of the other guy I was working, and created QRM to copy through.

Do like a regular Sprint would require: shift a FULL KILOHURTZ, not merely
a few hundred hurtz.

>*** END OF NS LADDER SOAPBOX ***
>
>Tnx very much & 73...

Steve, K0XP