Re: [CQ-Contest] Euro's & BS7H

To: "Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Euro's & BS7H
From: "Rich K2WR" <k2wr@njdxa.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 16:07:44 -0400
Carol:

I certainly agree with the previous commenters who suggested you avoid changing
such a low amount (or, for that matter, any amount) at a bank due to the high
fees.  Also, Andrei is probably correct that the value of the Euro relative to
the U.S. dollar will continue to rise.  Certainly the U.S. government is not
doing anything to prevent the market's devaluation of the dollar... it's more
important to the government (and, arguably, to the U.S. economy) that Boeing
stays price-competitive with Airbus, than whether I can still afford a hotel
room in Finland.

You could:
1. Just hold onto it as Andrei suggests... who knows, you may receive more of
them (â 5 is the smallest value Euro note produced; â 1 and â 2 are
coins).
2. You could "sell" it to someone, a ham or otherwise, who visits Europe often
enough to hold onto a few Euros, Â, etc.  For example, if you send it to me,
I'll send you $4 and you'll only be out about 48Â.  Even better, if you have a
PayPal account, I'd pay you â 5 via PayPal and I think you'd get a little
more than $4.   But it's unlikely you'd come out behind by just holding onto it
for now.

73, Rich K2WR